The green route Richelieu – Chinon
Take one of the first connected green routes of France. Travel 20 km in a natural environment, rich in history between Richelieu and Chinon.
Leisure, heritage or even gastronomy, 9 topics will wait for you. Get yourself in this digital and cultural journey by living a unique experience thanks to your smartphone that will become the key to this extraordinary journey.
Officially open to traffic since May 19, 2018, to the delight of pedestrians, joggers and cyclists who are already many to use it, the green route Richelieu-Chinon is not yet fully completed, as some works remain to be made to offer visitors an exceptional cultural and digital journey. So still a little patience before taking full advantage of all the tools!
ROUTE OF THE GREEN PATH : A MILESTONE BEING FINALIZED
- The project involves the installation of sign and directional panels on the green route but also on the junctions with the existing cyclo-tourist loops. The installation of these panels is planned for late summer-early automn.
- Service Information Relay (RIS) panels. These panels, located at the level of the camping site of Chinon (junction with the antenna of the Loire by bike), the roundabout of Saint Lazare and on the 4 stations, indicate the precise alignment of the green route, the points of interest, the distances to travel depending on where one is located, junctions with cyclo loops, parking places, etc.
- Mile markers with the green route make it possible to locate in case of any problem. These markers indicate the number to call in case of emergency (112).
Thanks to the application of the Voie Verte linking Richelieu to Chinon you will be accompanied throughout your journey. At each stage, you will have access to multimedia content: games, augmented reality, additional information. You can also discover nearby cultural places, restaurants and hotels. Don’t forget! Download here before your departure. It will be your traveling companion.
REFURBISHMENT OF FORMER STATIONS
The works on the four stations along the green route began in January 2018, for a commissioning taking place between July and November. Three of them will be thematized to join the project of global valorization of the green route:
- Station of Richelieu : history of the railways Opening to be defined
- Station of Champigny-Sur-Veude : the Art Open
- Station of Coutureau : relay of Château du Rivau Open
- Station of Ligré : Set up of a gite with a capacity of 21 beds. Opening scheduled for springtime 2020
USER INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GREEN ROUTE
• In order to determine the conditions of use of the green route and the behaviour to be adopted by users, the Community Council has approved a règlement de l’usager (user regulation);
This document, provided to the Gendarmerie, makes it possible to have a ticket in case of interference with this regulation.